Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Before & After Guest Blogger: Blueprint Bliss!

 

Hi everyone! It's Brooke from Blueprint Bliss. A special thanks to Lauren for asking me to guest post on Pure Style Home.


I wanted to show you a recent DIY project that I did for my home office. My home office has been under transformation for awhile- but it's still not quite there (lots of junk to organize and put away).


I am on a pretty strict budget for projects around our house- but I was needing a new desk chair along with a chair for my sewing table (both in the same room). I found two chairs at a local antique store that is going out of business (for those of you in Birmingham- Crestwood Antiques).
Here is one of the chairs before (one has arms and one does not):
*please excuse the mess in the background*
Here is a photo of the two (along with another random chair from my local Good Will) getting ready to be transformed:
I used these two products from Home Depot:
- Satin spray paint in Heirloom white
- with a finishing coat of clear gloss
And here is one of the transformed chairs:
 

I used a fabric that I found at King Cotton (here in Birmingham). I needed just 1/2 yard to complete the project (both chairs). I popped the cushions out of the frame, centered my pattern, and just used a staple gun to attach.
I'm very pleased with the outcome. Two new chairs for my home office on a budget.
Here is a break down of what I spent:
2 chairs ($12.50 each)= $25
spray paint & gloss sealer= $20
fabric (1/2 yard)= $10
total for both chairs:
= $55 (only $27.50 each)
This is just a reminder that it doesn't take a lot of money to come up with that perfect something that you are needing for your home!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much to Brooke for this awesome chair makeover!!  The chairs went from eeeeeek  to gorgeous!!  I love the fabric & they must be such pretty fun additions to the room!  (And how perfect is the price??)

Have a great day everyone-  we're still snowed in --yay!!

xoxo,
lauren

Check out 5th & State for your chance at a design plan for the makeover of the front of your house!!