Sunday, December 18, 2011

Twig Christmas Tree Art

I love rustic Christmas decorations and certainly loved the project that Kindra  At Home With K's blog did to make her twig Christmas tree. Here's my version of it. 


I started with this frame from Michael's.  I spray painted it white with Rustoleum 2x Flat White Paint.


 I was disappointed that there was only a piece of cardboard on the back of the frame.  This definitely made it harder to get a good stretching of the burlap.  I put a thin piece of batting under the burlap and hot glued the edges of the burlap to the back of the cardboard.




I used Tacky Glue to attach the twigs to the burlap.  I spread the glue on the twigs pretty heavily.


This is before the glue dried completely.


 I used a heavy pan to hold the twigs in place to dry.



 I added a starfish to the top and was done.  (You can still see a little of the tacky glue.  It was still wet here, but did dry clear)




Thanks for your visit!  And Happy Holidays!
Pam


I am linking to the following parties:








UndertheTableandDreaming

Home Stories A2Z
Photobucket