Monday, June 4, 2012

Hydrangea Time

After Luke was born (2 weeks ago today) I pretty much hibernated inside the house & in our back yard for a week or so- snuggling & trying to keep him fed.  Then one day as we were heading out, I noticed that our hydrangea had bloomed without me noticing.  Like crazy:


...So of course I had to take a few inside...


I love the old-fashioned appeal of hydrangea...  My grandma used to have a ton of limelights at her summer cottage.   I had just enough time to cut a few and am heading out today to grab more...


The thing I love about hydrangea is that there are so many I don't feel guilty for picking them...


I have all different colors (guess our soil PH is pretty inconsistent)...


I love the blue...


Here's a picture of Christian taken 2 years ago bringing a bunch in...


...They (both him & the flowers) were much smaller back then.   I never thought the hydrangea would get taller than me!!

my timer's up- baby's crying- so i'm out  but i cannot thank you all enough for all the well wishes and notes...  your friendship means so much to me.


xoxo, Lauren

If you'd like help creating a home you absolutely love, contact me about our design services.