Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Holiday gift guide! If you're in DC...

...Check out the Washington Post today!  There's a special issue of FW Magazine ("Fashion Washington") included inside where I and 3 other local bloggers share our holiday gift ideas.  Here's the cover:

Childrens Gift Guide
 
 
The told us to give our best "Christmas morning" expressions... 
(Apparently, Santa leaves me shockingly good presents under the tree.)
 
I met Grant Harris (who's next to me on the cover) the day of our shoot & he is honestly the best dressed  guy I've ever met in "real life."  Grant writes Image Granted, a menswear blog & runs a menswear consulting firm.  I can't wait to have him meet my husband & work his magic.  (I actually love how Dave dresses but I know Grant will make it even better = good-and-not-a-surprise-for-him- Christmas gift ;) ;)   
 
Also inside are gift guides by Jenna Golden of Eat More Drink More and Elizabeth Fassbender of So Much to Smile About, and Grant & me.  I was selected to pick out the children's gifts.  (Which is really funny to me, because as most of you know, I'm more into kids toys that look good if left on the floor rather than toys that kids are really into;) ;)  But seriously.... no, I'm serious.
 
I'll be sure to share more about my kids' gift ideas sometime after Thanksgiving... I found some ones that I think most kids would looove (and of course, more importantly ;) ;)  .. that you won't mind seeing strewn about your house.)
 
  The article was written by Holley Simmons & I have to say (being extremely uncomfortable in my post-baby-not-fitting-into-my-clothes-yet-body) the team at the Washingto Post was amazing--the editors, photographer, stylist & hair & make-up team- in making me feel okay.  It's a pretty large magazine and might look like an ad (my grandfather was throwing it away today when he looked down & saw my face) but definitely check it out if you get the chance!!



If you'd like help creating a home you absolutely love, contact me about our design services.