Friday, April 19, 2013

New Carpet Brings on a Table Makeover

 
 
 
 
 
I bought a pine table a few years ago to put in my office. I collect typewriters and adding machines and wanted a place to display them. This table wasn't the perfect size, but it was $30 and I figured we could make it work. So we 'made-do' with it until a couple of weeks ago when we had to clear the room out for new carpet. 
 
Here it is right before my husband started working on it...  It was all this color and quite large.  (I looked and looked for a 'before' picture, but I guess I always knew it wasn't right and didn't take any pictures!)

 



After he cut off 12" from the width, he routed the edges and sanded everything down.

 
 
 
He primed all of the lower pieces.


Then several coats of white paint were applied.



The top got stained.



 Then everything got put back together.
 
 
 
Bailey had to be right in the middle of the action...




 
 
 
The new size works so much better in this room.  I love the dark top too!
 




Thanks for your visit!
 
 
 
Pam


I am linking to the following parties:




Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home