Saturday, November 16, 2013

My Statement Chair

 

  

 
Do you have a favorite chair?  Does it make a statement about your style?  I have this one!   A couple of years ago I came across this beauty at a garage sale.  It was $2.  My husband was sure I had lost my mind, as it was pretty nasty looking.  But I had a vision for it. 
 
 
 
 
 
Luckily we worked and worked on removing the thousands of staples and all of the old yucky fabric, then we started over.  It cost $35 in new fabric, padding and cording. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This week I was asked to show my Statement Chair and let others know about the Home Décor Resource at One Kings Lane.  They have a ton of information on furniture!  There are details on different styles, different periods, etc.
 
On their site, I learned that my chair is based on a 19th Century French design. 
 
(They have this beauty for sale through 11/17/13.)
 
 
It's been a couple of years since reupholstering this chair and I still love it!  It's definitely my Statement Chair.

 
 
 
 
Thank you for your visit! 
 
Pam
 
 
I am linking to the following parties:
 
 
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
 
Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home


DIY Show Off