Monday, October 3, 2011

$5 Garage Sale Transformation



I recently posted about some garage sale finds I bought a couple of weeks ago.  I bought this table for $5.  




I wasn't sure if I was going to make it a chalk paint project or even mod-podge a graphic on it.   While my husband was traveling last week on business, I decided to start sanding it.  What I found was a really nice maple table under all of that ugliness.   





I decided to hand the job over to my husband to stain it.  I think he did a beautiful job.  As for decorating it,  I was able to use a fan I found while shopping when we took our kids to school. (sometimes a girl needs a break from decorating dorm rooms and frat rooms!)   I found the candle holder at Pottery Barn on clearance.  I put a graphic on a 25 cent galvanized can and added a plant to it and the corner is about done.  




Thanks for coming by! I really appreciate your visits and comments!

Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special Furniture Feature Fridays