Monday, October 3, 2011

Peek at the Boys' New Room & Plans

Our boys are now sharing a bedroom and so we've been doing some rearranging.  Christian moved into Justin's nursery and we reduced the closet so we could fit two beds.  I loved Justin's dark navy nursey while it lasted, but with two in the room, it needed lightening up.   Here's a pic of Justin's nursery as it it was.  Dark & cozy & perfect for sleeeeeeeping:



I had the walls & ceiling painted in a soft gray-green-blue.  (The color's called 'Contemplation' by Behr and we had it color matched in Benjamin Moore Aura paint.)



With these pretty blue walls, I want to be sure that the room doesn't get too sweet and I want to bring a bit of an earthy- curious vibe into the space.  We have a lots of cool collected artwork & Christian (my 4 year old) and I picked out a few of his favorites for above his bed.  It was so fun laying in bed afterwards, telling him stories about the pirates in the ships & the monkies that turned into men.  (yeah, I'm pretty sure he'll get a much better explanation in science class one day ;)

The black trundle bed is going to my new office so I'm having custom twin headboards made out of Filigree Chevon, one of my new fabrics, for the boys as soon as Justin's ready for a "big boy" bed:


Up-close you can see that it's a rusty red with olive green leaves:



It's one of those very "off" fabrics that isn't at all what you'd call "pretty," but for some reason I just love it.  (Especially mixed with the blue-gray-green, which shouldn't work, but does.)

  I'm doing big Euro shams on both beds with a mossy fern star placed right in the center:



And we're doing these are going over the beads in antique brass:



{Visual Comfort}

Anyway, I'm off for the day.  We're presenting a plan that I'm so excited about to a new client for her condo!!!  Will keep you posted.


xoxo, Lauren

If you'd like help creating a home you absolutely love, contact me about our design services.