Saturday, August 4, 2012

Another Successful Garage Sale Saturday

My Saturday morning garage-saling ritual paid off again this week.

My most fun find today was this Dayton Scale. 







The people were having a 'backyard' sale and there was a huge bottleneck to get to any of the items.  I saw the scale when I first walked in, but couldn't get to it for quite some time.  I finally got to it and, after the guy selling it told me someone told him it was worth a fortune, he sold it to me.  :)



Now it's time for my husband to restore it. He did an amazing job on this scale a couple of years ago, so I have high expectations for this restoration too.








 I also found some other things--the typewriter is newer than most of them that I collect, but it was $3.  I just couldn't pass it up and that price!  There is also a Baldwin candlestick that I was thrilled to find, and some birdhouses.  I love the metal roofs on them.  The cookie tin was free. 







 I'll be sure to post about the scale after it is redone. 


Thanks for your visit.

Pam


 

I am linking to the following parties: