Sunday, August 12, 2012

Some Simple Updates

I have had this metal bird decoration for several years.  Recently it occurred to me that I needed to hang some things from the hooks on it.  (Sometimes I'm very slow!!)  :)

I got the watering can and birdhouse in the Christmas clearance section at Target last year.  I cut the lavender from my yard and the key was from a set that I bought from Hobby Lobby.




I recently found these miniature Mason jars on ebay.  OMG, I was so excited!  Unfortunately it's hard to see the details, but they are adorable in person!





Last week when I found the old scale and typewriter, I also found this bright blue, green and yellow birdhouse.  I loved the galvanized roof and dragonfly on it, but didn't love the bright colors.




 I sanded most of it down and taped off the metal parts.



 I painted it white.



 Now I like it much more by my front door. 



Thanks for your visit! 

Pam