Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Writing's on the Wall

I made a very simple piece of wall art the other day.  I started with a typewriter graphic from The Graphics Fairy.  I collect old typewriters, and was so happy to find a graphic that looked almost exactly like this one.







I flipped the image in Picasa by clicking Ctrl/Shift/H.  This gives you the mirror image for iron-on transfers.




I copied the image onto Transfer paper in my inkjet printer. I cut it out very close to the edges of the printing.






I ironed it on.  By ironing onto the burlap, the image did not come out as dark as I would've hoped.  I know I could've used a different fabric to get a darker picture, but I think the burlap is neat.






I added some batting then the burlap.






I pulled the burlap tight and hot glued it to the back.





I then set it in the frame and it was done. It was such an easy and inexpensive project.  
I had all of the supplies onhand, so that made it especially inexpensive.  :)






Thanks so much for visiting! 

Pam


I am linking to the following parties: