Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Better Homes & Gardens Mag: 50 Ideas Under $50


Thanks so much to Better Homes & Gardens Magazine for including me in the "dream team" of designers, stylists & bloggers rounded up for their "50 Super Stylish Ideas Under $50" article in this month's issue.  (Some of my favorite people were included in the experts, including my friend Liz Levin)  

In the issue there are so many great ideas for style on a budget.  On the cover (above) I love the stenciled pillows the team at Better Homes & Gardens (Including stylist Jessica Thomas who did our BHG Christmas story a while back ) did using one of my ideas.   Royaldesignstudio.com is where I found the stencil for my living room wall & they really do have a beautiful selection of stencils.

A little while back I used a variation of  another one of my BHG ideas in my house.  I found a cheapie picture frame tray at Target...


(The only kind of DIY projects I truly anjoy are the ones that take under 10 minutes ;)

 ...I took out the pictures of other people's cute kids and folded up a vintage piece of fabric I had lying around & put it inside...




...And now it's a tray on my living room coffee table:




I can switch it out whenever I feel like it & it's a great place to get to enjoy all vintage fabrics & wallpapers I've picked up. 

To read all of the ideas, check out the July issue on news stands now.  To read some of the ideas that wouldn't fit into the magazine article, check out this online slideshow/ article at BHG.com.  I am completely head-over-heels- in-love with the vignette they created using homemade botanicals: 



Have a great day & enjoy!!


xoxo, Lauren

If you'd like help creating a home you absolutely love, contact me about our design services.